Episode 2: Creating a five-Star Lifestyle with Hotels to Home
What makes a hotel stay memorable? When we travel, we appreciate the little things that a five-star property has to offer, from the range of services to the small touches such as a soothing colour palette, hotel slippers, or perhaps heated floors in the bathroom. The rise of short-term rentals and holiday rentals now allows you to enjoy all of the comforts of hotel living in a home away from home. But what if you wanted to create a five-star experience in your own home? Darcy Guttwein, a passionate traveler and lifestyle designer, talks about how to marry hospitality and everyday life, as detailed in her book Hotels to Home.
In this episode, we cover:
- Darcy's lifestyle journey and the birth of the Hotels to Home concept
- Determining your personal hotel brand
- Key hospitality elements to incorporate into your own home
- The concept of 'no demand' days, which you can use at home and even in the office
- How the approach to Hotels to Home has evolved and continues to grow
- The future of Hotels to Home as a lifestyle consultancy service
Comments? Questions? Email our host: [email protected]
To stay up to date with our latest episodes, please subscribe to The Luxury Podcast, which is available on all major podcast streaming platforms including Apple, Google and Spotify.