Episode 15: When Is A Pen More Than a Pen?
A pen is one of the most indispensable tools that you can have - whether you are writing out a grocery list or signing an important contract. But some pens are so much more than that - they are style statements, fashion pieces and can offer a great insight into your personality. Michael Kahwajy-Hyland is the founder of Turning Point Pen Co., a manufacturer of luxury pens that is changing the face of the industry. But pen design is just one of many passions that define this unique and multifaceted individual.
In this episode, we cover:
- Michael's background in craftsmanship and the formation of Turning Point Pen Co
- How Michael is changing some of the standard practices of the luxury pen manufacturing industry
- The design process behind a pen and the challenges that come with it
- Michael's other varied interests including motivational speaking and Lebanese folk dancing
- How the pen industry endures in an age of virtual assistants and online writing tools
Comments? Questions? Email our host: [email protected]
To stay up to date with our latest episodes, please subscribe to The Luxury Podcast, which is available on all major podcast streaming platforms including Apple, Google and Spotify.
Find some of Dubai's most exquisite properties below: