47 Upper Grosvenor Street is a grand Mayfair townhouse that was built in 1826 by John Peploe, a landowner from Herefordshire.
From 1949 to 1990 it was used as offices, and in 1993 it was restored as an elegant house. It now requires refurbishment to restore it to its former glory. The house is not listed and benefits from a lift to all floors.
There is a terrace at ground floor level and a further terrace at first-floor level. There is also a courtyard off the kitchen at lower ground floor level. There is scope to extend and improve the lower ground floor space subject to the necessary consents.
On the ground floor, the impressive hallway has a fireplace, access to the lift and the elegant staircase that runs through the heart of the house. The former dining room measures almost 30ft x 18ft and benefits from a ceiling height of 3.5m.
From the rear hall, there is a dumb waiter to the kitchen, a guest cloakroom and a panelled study at the rear leading to a terrace.