UAE Announces 5-Year Tourist Visa
The UAE has always been open and welcoming to travelers from all over the world. In recent years, it has become even more so thanks to new visa initiatives aimed at creating a thriving environment of diversity.
The most recent such initiative is the introduction of a five-year tourist visa, announced just yesterday. The typical tourist visa in the UAE has a duration of between 30 and 90 days and can be renewed twice with each renewal lasting a period of one month. Under the new initiative, visitors of all nationalities will be granted a five-year visa that allows for multiple entries. As of the latest news, visa holders will be allowed to stay in the country for up to six months at a time in one stretch.
The most obvious effect of the longer-term visa will be to attract more tourists, who will now have the flexibility to enjoy multiple trips to the UAE without having to incur extra visa costs every time. However, in addition to the tourism benefits, there is also a stronger possibility of enticing tourists into becoming residents through repeated visits.
How can I get 5 year visit visa in UAE?
Below are the most notable recent visa reforms that tourists and residents need to be aware of:
- Five-year residence visa for entrepreneurs and investors who make a minimum investment of AED 5 million, plus employees in technical fields, such as scientists
- Ten-year residence visa for investors and company owners who make a minimum investment of AED 10 million
- One-year residence visa extension for widows and divorcees (no sponsor required)
- One-year residence visa for high school graduates or teenagers turning 18, renewable for one year
- Five-year multiple entry tourist visa
The UAE is one of the world’s top tourist destinations with an annual influx of more than 21 million visitors for both business and recreational purposes. This latest initiative is very timely, given that Expo 2020 will be taking place later this year and is expected to bring in 25 million visitors over its six-month duration, which is more than double the current annual number.
- A Guide To UAE Residence Visas For Investors
- Your Guide To Getting A Property Investor Visa In Dubai
- UAE Announces Eligibility Criteria For Long-Term Visas
- Long-Term UAE Investor Visa: How Does One Qualify?
- Understanding the Different Company Types in the UAE
- ‘Gold Card’ Visa In The UAE: What We Know So Far
- How to Apply for 5 years Dubai Retirement Visa - What are the Requirments